A must-watch tutorial for any unionist involved in negotiating over healthcare since passage of the ACA.
Health care costs going up? Employer take-backs rampant? Not sure how to fight back and go on the offensive on health insurance?
Fortunately United Electrical Workers Field Organizer Kari Thompson, and national President Peter Knowlton–who has spent the last three decades organizing, negotiating, and battling employers on the front lines of health insurance–have recorded this half hour “how-to” which distills lessons learned. Could be the most useful 30 minutes you’ll spend to learn how to organize and go on the offense on health insurance. Don’t miss it.
- 7 key principles for today’s health care bargaining
- 6 proven tactics to mount a campaign fight to win on health care
- How workers won health insurance improvements in a variety of campaigns – tactics used and making the most of what we can win
- The 2 key health care questions to ask members when organizing contract campaigns
- Specific campaign examples…and lots more.